GUIDANCE NOTES FOR COMPLETING THIS FORM AND HOW THE COUNCIL WILL PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION1.
Please ensure that you complete every question that applies to you, otherwise, we will be unable to assess your application and this will cause delays, and could result in your application being deleted.2.
Accommodation will only be allocated to applicants who qualify under one of the following:
(please refer to our Housing Allocations Policy for further information on eligibility criteria and qualification assessments)3.
- Are aged 18 or over and have lived in the District continuously for the last 12 months. Note: this will not apply to existing social housing tenants who hold a tenancy within the Cannock Chase District Council area.
- Require sheltered accommodation and have a close relative who has lived in the district continuously for the last 12 months from whom they need to receive support.
- Are restricted people as per Regulation 3 of the eligibility regulations i.e. subject to Immigration Control but eligible for housing allocation and homelessness assistance.
- Social Housing Tenants who qualify under the `Right to Move'.
How needs are assessed. Offers of housing or nominations to Housing Associations are made through the Council's Housing Register. A brief version of how preference is given is as follows:
- Council or Housing Association tenants living in Cannock Chase Area who are under-occupying their current dwelling.
- People occupying overcrowded housing.
- People who need to move on Medical or Social Needs grounds.
- Those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
- Members of the Armed Forces.
Should you save your application, you will only be able to retrieve your application for the following 28 days.
After this period your saved application will be deleted.